Betty Blocks allows you to transfer data to an application with its import feature. This feature can be used on almost any Grid, as long as this is allowed on the Model, and on the user roles. This feature is turned off by default.
Enabling import settings
To be able to import data to a model, this first has to be enabled in the model's settings.
- Start by going to the Data Model by clicking on the Data Model icon in the Builder Bar.
- Click on the model that you want to import to. The model settings will slide in from the right side of the screen.
- Within the model settings, click on the Edit button on the upper right corner of the screen.
- Enable the Allow import setting to enable the import function for that model.
- Click on the Save button on the upper right corner of the screen to save the model you are editing.
Setting up an import definition
If importing is enabled on the model that we want to import to, we can start importing data to our application
- Go to the Back Office by clicking on the Back Office icon in the Builder Bar.
- Select a Grid from the Sidebar that you want to import to.
- Click on the Import button next to the New button.
- The Import modal will pop up. In this modal, you can select the file that you want to import. You can either select a file through your file selector, or drag and drop it inside of the model. Only an Excel or CSV file will work for the import.
- If the file is uploaded correctly the Next button will appear. Click this button to continue importing.
- In the next modal we have to assign the columns of the file to the properties of the model. By clicking on the specify path button the model browser will pop up. In this modal, you can choose the property that you want to assign the column to.
- There are some other settings that you can use to improve your import. These settings are mentioned here: Import Reference
- To save the import definition enable the Save definition option. If you are done with setting up the import click on the Next button to execute it.
- The records will be created according to the import definition. When the import is finished you will receive a notification.