The Betty Blocks Export feature allows you to transfer the data of a model from your application. This can be used for data backups, but also for moving data to other applications along with the Import feature. It enables you to export you data from a Grid to an Excel or CSV file in a few clicks.
Setting up export configurations
- Go to the Back Office page by clicking on the Back Office icon in the Builder Bar.
- Select a Grid from the Sidebar that you want to make an export of.
- Click on the export icon in the header of the Grid view, a menu will slide down. To start a new export, click on the Compose export button.
- The Compose an export definition modal will pop up. Within this modal, you can choose which properties you want to include within your export file. The properties that will be included in your export file will be shown on the right side of the modal. A few properties will already be selected, these are the properties that are present within the grid you are exporting from.
- It is possible to change the name of the header of a property by clicking on the name of a selected property. The name will change into a text field where it can be edited for the export file.
- By clicking on the gear icon on the bottom left of the modal a few more settings will pop up. If you want to know more about each setting within the Compose an export definition you can take a look at this article: Export Reference
- When you are done setting up everything you can start the export by clicking on the Export button. It is also possible to save the export by clicking on the Save and export button, this will save time when you need to do the same export multiple times.
- After the export is executed a notification will pop up, this means that the export is ready to download. The export file can be downloaded in the download tab in the bottom right corner of the Sidebar.
- Click on the download icon of the export file to download the file.
- If the export settings were saved then they can be re-used. This can be done by clicking on the export icon in the header of the grid view and choosing the saved export settings. This way the export will be executed immediately.