This document provides the steps to follow to setup your Azure environment to support SAML integration for your Betty Blocks app. After following this guide you will have:
- The details required to add in your Betty Blocks application to integrate the SAML connection (the idp_sso_target_url)
- A working connection with SSO to your azure environment
Sign in to your Azure Portal.
Go to Azure Active Directory, go to enterprise applications, choose `+ New application`, as shown in image below.
Search for ‘SAML’. Then choose the existing application ‘Azure AD SAML Toolkit’.Enter a name for your application. You can change the rest of the settings later on.Click Add application. You will be redirected to the overview screen of the application.
- Go to the Single sign-on tab
- Enable ‘SAML’
- Then edit the Basic SAML Configuration section.
- Enter the Identifier ID. This will be the issuer name you have to fill in in your SAMLSettings in the Betty Blocks application.
- Enter the Reply URL, this is the callback url where the SAMLResponse is processed in your application
- Enter a sign on url where the user can go from you azure portal to sign in to the betty blocks application.
- Click ‘Save’
- Now copy the ‘Login URL’ and use that as the idp_sso_target_url on your saml settings.
- To be able to sign in as a user to the application you have to add specific users or groups to the allowed users to access the application. You can do this in the Users and Groups section of the application in your Azure portal.
- After adding the users, you can now test the connection.